Subject: [Leica] the lower 9th ward... etc
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 23 16:56:36 2006

In a message dated 1/23/2006 6:32:44 P.M. Central Standard Time,
kididdoc@cox.net writes:

the  world is unaware of all this (see above and below... )  . People
are out there taking photos in Iraq and Niger, and many other God
forsaken places... so forget the mud.... and get out there and get
some quality photos...

I believe you are missing the chance of a  lifetime...

Steve

Steve,
I understand what you are saying, but this is like a surgeon operating on
his own child.  You would do it it a minute to save their life, but for
guys
like Jeffery and me, who adopted New Orleans, and gave much of our careers
the lovely city.. well, it is just heartbreaking for me to see my Parish
church with waterlines eight feet up the wall, to see the pews that I sat in
 week
after week all jumbled up.

To see a picture of a house I took and renovated from a shell, now stripped
of the life, to see a picture of my children's school completely gutted.

Jeffery's Church was ruined, Mine too.  This is hard.  My friend  Chuck
Patch
who does work like mine for the New Orleans Collection, says he goes  out
every week after trying to clean his house, and just cannot get anything
that is
different.

Steve, you just cannot imagine how fucked up most of New Orleans is right
now.

Makes me cry.

Regards,
Sonny