Subject: [Leica] Don's Modern Allegory
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 23 09:35:31 2006

Subject: Re: [Leica] Don's Modern Allegory

Walt offered:,
>>For me at least, when I listen to the inner voice, I get better
>>pictures.<<

Don Dory responded:
>>Walt,
<<For me at least, when I listen to the inner voice, I get better
pictures.<<<

And right there ladies and gentlemen is the secret to successful
photography. Feeling it!

It's all about feeling what you see ...."click!" It's what you feel in your
gut or sometimes your complete body is screaming, " shoot! shoot!"  And
those who do not, then take time dissecting the situation for shadow detail
and other techie things, miss it completely.

That is of course if it isn't a rock, fern, peeling paint or non-breathing
item. ;-)

The "GUT" shooter has a beautiful moment on film!

It's such a beautiful thing to feel because all your visual, body, mind
senses are just wired and when that happens don't hesitate, shoot it! If it
doesn't work when you look at the film on the light table later, no big
deal, that's life. However, if it works? Man you come out looking like the
"King of Film!" :-)

You feel good about your picture. :-) A nice, "damn I'm good!" with a smile
because you shot with your gut telling you to shoot, rather than some
analytical thought process.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road