Subject: [Leica] no film in a decade; now very poor men's clothes
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Jan 22 11:20:16 2006

Mark Langer writes:

> Greg,
>
> Wish I had heard from you with this advice before I dropped a bundle at
> Harry Rosen.  The suit is fine, but just isn't up to the quality of a 1940s
> suit that I own.  The 40s one has lining in the pants, incredible
> detailedstitching around the button fly, etc.  And while the arm
> holes on the Harry Rosen suit are smaller than the stuff I was looking
> at in places like Tip Top, there still is a difference between
> today's factory made suits and the more handmade ones of the past.

Mark

I purchased an Italian maker's suit from Harry Rosen here in town last week.
I also ordered a suit with Italian made cloth from the UK at the same time.
I'm looking forward to seeing which is tailored better.

Look here for Lou Myles products and store locations:

http://www.loumyles.ca/lou_myles.swf

His take on how to determine tailoring quality can also be found there.

I believe Holt Renfrew carries Lou Myles across Canada. I refuse to shop
there as I'm supporting more then enough clothing my 3 girls (sore point -
what's wrong with the Hudson's Bay?).

Regards,

Greg