Subject: [Leica] Divided D-76, and the lower 9th ward
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Jan 21 18:37:41 2006

It was very difficult. In the back of my mind was "Am I done...can I go
now?"  If it were not in my back yard, it would have been easy. But I've
driven through the lower 9th ward hundreds of times. To see it demolished is
difficult. Some houses were still intact. Others were falling to pieces.
Some were completely removed from their piers. Some sat in the middle of the
street. But everything was a total loss. I'm happy to say that I didn't see
any spray-painted symbols indicating that bodies had been removed (that is
indicated with a circle with an "X" through it and the number of bodies
written between the legs of the "X". But I did see written indications of
pet bodies having been found, mostly cats. I had difficulty reaching the
huge barge that went through the breach in the levee.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

There is a huge chore in documenting this horrid and sad thing.  Making it
your own photographically.  I cannot imagine being able to, any  more than I
can
imagine getting a fresh view of the Vatican.

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Divided D-76, and the lower 9th ward)