Subject: [Leica] Fuji is sticking it out
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Jan 20 03:25:33 2006

Adam Bridge wrote:

> I think this "film renaissance" idea is exactly the way to go.
>
> As I've said before I believe that a youngster who wants to make big
> bucks will be come highly adept in the darkroom because one-off will
> have a much higher value than the prints made digitally IF they are
> the very highest quality.
>
> Someone interested today could apprentice to John Sexton or any number
> of the current great printers and have a niche market in the major
> arts areas because while making a print isn't hard, making a GREAT
> print is.
>
> Darkroom equipment seems to be going for a song so an investment there
> would be in order to.
>
> Adam Bridge

Trouble is it is messy and all those chemicals and space and..., BUT a
solution
is always to develop your negs yourself, buy a scanner and then you can play
with them in PS if you will. It's up front cost vs amortised cost; it
depends
how you see it - and what you can afford

There's alway Efke ;-)

Peter Dzwig

Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Fuji is sticking it out)
Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Fuji is sticking it out)