Subject: [Leica] Tri-Elmar Question
From: i.watts at virgin.net (Ian Watts)
Date: Mon Jan 16 15:41:16 2006

>  EricC wrote:
>
> I have the opportunity to buy the latest version Tri-Elmar used.
> However, on looking back through the archives I see that there have
> been
> problems with regards to flare, especially at the 50mm setting.
>
> Does anyone, or more specifically, any Tri-Elmar owner on the group
> have any
> information with regards to the above? Or am I just worrying about
> a couple
> of isolated incidents?

Eric, I experienced exactly this issue when I owned a Tri-Elmar two
or three years ago. It was probably the clinching factor in my
decision to sell the lens but was not the only issue that I had with
it. The flare issue was an uncommon but totally unpredictable
tendency to exhibit veiling glare. This was with the hood in place
and without any filters and occurred in situations that I wouldn't
have considered particularly flare-prone. It only affected the 50mm
setting.

Ian Watts.

Replies: Reply from dstate1 at hotmail.com (Dan States) ([Leica] Tri-Elmar Question)