Subject: [Leica] Back with last PAW of 2005 and a book recommendation...
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Tue Jan 10 16:34:50 2006

Happy New Year Everybody!

I'm back from the holidays and looking forward to flipping through the
photos that folks have posted over the last couple of weeks.

My last PAW of 2005 is the last sunrise of the year, viewed from the
Hawaiian island of Molokai as light just started to spill over onto the
dark side of Maui.  It was beautiful in person...I hope the photo conveys a
little bit of the majesty:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_52/index.html

The book recommendation:
"The Art of Travel" by Alain de Botton visits various parts of the world
and views them (aesthetically) using the perspectives of various artists
and writers.  I'd recommend this to any photog who likes traveling and is
interested in seeing ordinary things a little differently.  For the first
few days after I read this I was looking at everything I saw through
different eyes.  I ended up shooting a lot more static landscape-type stuff
over those days (like my PAW).  I don't know that the shots were all that
great, but it was a good experience for me.

Hope all have been well.

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] Back with last PAW of 2005 and a book recommendation...)