Subject: [Leica] One off No. 18 - Angel with a broken wing
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Tue Jan 3 15:43:15 2006

 Bob, I'd say the new screen brightness is somewhere between the original 5D
and a Leica R8.

As far as I can tell all the metering modes - matrix, partial, spot - still
work ok.

The screen replacement is very easy. The 5D is designed to have user
replicable focussing screens. The Brightscreen comes with a pair of tweezers
that allow the original screen to be unclipped then removed and the
replacement screen to be fitted. It took me maybe 2 minutes and that
included reading the instructions :-)

Steve