Subject: [Leica] paw 2006
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jan 3 13:20:36 2006

Steve Barbour showed:
>>a PAW 2006...
> > starts here...1 a and alt b
> > two old friends...new years eve.
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-90737.html<<<<<

Hi Steve,
I like this very much as it fits your caption so well. They may or may not
be under the effect of bubbly but they certainly appear to be enjoying
themselves without any "put on because we're having our picture taken airs!"
:-)

Well done, clean and simple!  As in "keep it simple stupid!" because that's
what makes pictures work better than all the BS about crispy corners,
tonality shadings and other espoused techie garbage. It's the content that
makes any picture's worth.

I bet the Eisenstaedt picture of Gobbles eye burning glare could be cut
apart by the techies because the corners weren't as crisp or the print tones
may not have been perfectly correct. However, it's an icon of the era
without everything being Leica crispy edge to edge perfect! But it's a
fantastic photograph due to the content.

It's in many of your pictures, it's the impact of the content that grabs
people, as should be in any photograph. Not every dang twitchy sharp edged
nit-picking little item some of these people appear to hang their picture
lives on.

Keep 'em coming Steve, :-) last year was great! Lots of beauties! So break
the record this year is the challenge as that gives you something to aim for
rather than coming back with one nice PAW. You want to kick ass every week!
Hey you gotta have a reason, but you've got the talent ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4