Subject: [Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 2 14:37:23 2006

Tina Manley offered:
>>- AND the museum requires that I get
> signed releases from every recognizable person in the photos :-(  <<<<<<

Tina, they are absolutely crazy, lunacy!

As soon as you can I'd give them the option of supplying a "signature
collector" from their staff who is also linguistic or it's bye-bye folks
period the better! Did they not tell you this was the case in the beginning?
Yeah I know the answer is probably "yes" and because we'd rather shoot than
eat on what appears an interesting subject, the "model release" doesn't
register. That is until it raises it's ugly head in the moments of real time
shooting. :-(

>>>Are you sure you don't want to come and do this one for
> me?  I'm beginning to regret that I signed up for this project.<<<

Oh jeeeeeeeeesh I'm so old and gimpy these days I can't do paper work or use
a 400mm any longer! ;-) Hey, I'd love to my dear but I'd get so hung up
gathering signatures I'd loose it. But here's another idea under this
situation.

Hand out releases as everyone comes into church, have them drop them signed
in the collection plate or in a big box as they leave! Take the whole bunch
and hand them over with... "OK here's the releases signed by everyone who
maybe in the pictures." :-) Let them figure it out . :-)

I know you're concentrating on one young woman, does that mean you only
shoot in church when she's there? If the church coverage is about the
community, then get the 400mm out on a monopod up front and shoot two days
steady through every mass regardless what the people think. All you need is
the blessing of the Padre on your side and he can make an announcement each
time he does Mass.

I imagine the community knows this documentary is being shot for the good of
the group, therefore as long as they know you'll be shooting for two-three
days in church you not likely will have any difficulties.

But it's the Padre who's key to make this happen. Then just do it without
thinking about standing before a crowd! Hey like yer own congregation 6
times a day! COOL! ;-) But still let the museum people supply the signature
collector with the mass hand out.

They can't pay you enough for this kind of paper work and be a
photojournalist also. Yeah I know there's no pay for it! :-( But I'd
volunteer also as it sounds like an interesting shoot, but that's when you
need more personnel assistance.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4
250-477-2156

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe)
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe)
Message from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe)