Subject: [Leica] LUG Gallery off line?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Dec 31 20:44:56 2005

> With the flooding I was
> afraid that the LUG garage was under two feet of mud.  :)

I live in a flat area with good drainage. If you actually care:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2960+Waverley+St,+94306&spn=0.004945,0.008969&t=h&hl=en

The problem is that my neighborhood has above-ground wiring strung from
poles, and there are a lot of trees. I lose power for several hours one or
two times a year when someone's prize oak or redwood tree falls over in the
wind and rain, ripping out the wires.

Today's problem was that the idiots who reconnected the power did it with
the wire live, and that caused tremendous spiking and fluctuation in the
voltage. Somehow it managed to destroy my KVM switch, and the servers won't
boot unless the KVM switch is speaking sweet K to them. I had to go buy a
new switch and rewire it, which took entirely too much time.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] LUG Gallery off line?)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] LUG Gallery off line?)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] LUG Gallery off line?)