Subject: [Leica] OT: Non-Leica gear good news! Flash!
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 10:56:49 2005

In a message dated 12/30/2005 12:39:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jshul@comcast.net writes:

As I said, be VERY careful taking Rollei flash pictures.

---------------------------

In 1964, I was one of the student photogs covering a football game  from the
sidelines.  While we shot with  rolleis, we were very  modern and had a
strobe
about the size of a car headlight, with a huge battery  pack.  You could
damn
near light up 50 yards of field with it.  You  could hear the photons pop
against the safety glass when it fired.

Anyhow, down the field comes the opposition's receiver; the quarterback has
the ball in the air headed his way.  He turns and leaps, certain he has the
ball. I snap the shutter and blind him.  He totally misses the ball,  the
horn
blows, and we win the game.

It was the decisive moment for sure, but I had to evade an entire football
team to get out of the stadium.  As Jim says, be VERY careful taking Rollei
flash pictures.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com