Subject: [Leica] Dumbassed CL questions!
From: raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K)
Date: Sun Dec 25 02:16:59 2005

My comments are below.
All the best!
Raimo K
Personal photography homepage at:
http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~raikorho

----- Original Message -----
From: "Javier Perez" <summarex@hotmail.com>
To: <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 12:53 AM

<snip>
> 1) Without battery, at which speed and ASA does the meter needle reside in
> the center notch?
>    I think it's 1/60 at 100 but I'm not sure.
* without battery the meter is inoperative and the needle should be at the
bottom.

> 2) With a 1.35 battery at which combination of speed and ASA does the
> needle reside in the center  notch. I think it's B or 1/2 at 100 but again
> I'm not sure
* According to the Anleitung with battery installed you should turn the
shutter dial so that the needle will be in the upper rigth corner of the
viewfinder, then you push the battery check button and the needle should
point to the square in the middle. So the ASA has no direct effect, it is
controlled by the shutter dial.  The shutter must be cocked and wind lever
not in rest position for the meter to turn on.

> 3) and finally with ios the nominal impedence for the meter proper. Mine
> had an open circuit and I had to bridge across ac ouple of windings. I get
> 3.9K but I'm not sure what it should be.
* This is not mentioned in the Anleitung - instructions.

> Anyway, it's a fun little camera to work on but I can see how the linkages
> on the meter might get screwed up. Because the meter doesn't have the
> mechanical travel range, it bottoms out and a red flag appears. If you are
> overpowering or don't see the flag you can wind up wrecking the whole
> meter linkage.
* I?m quite sure that you cannot wreck the linkages in the way you
describe - no warning in the Anleitung. You can operate the shutter dial
wholly even if your speeds are out of the metering range.

Replies: Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Dumbassed CL questions!)