Subject: [Leica] My new Summicron
From: summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Wed Dec 21 22:35:57 2005

I'm happy to report that I just ordered myself a new 90 'cron.  It took
a couple of tries to find a place that had one in stock.  3d time's a
charm though.  I can't wait for it to arrive.

Anyway, the stock issue raised a question for me.  Is Leica actually
slowing production or is it just the season? Kit McChesney was kind
enough to speak with her Leica distributor re: availability and he told
her that NJ didn't have any and there were none on their way.  Of
course, they were ordered, just not actually on their way yet.  I
certainly do not want to start any rumors but I was just wondering if
Leica's financial woes had anything to do with availability or if it
was just seasonal.

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.