Subject: [Leica] OT or not: dilemma
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Dec 19 06:48:10 2005

The D200 looks like the F90/N90 of digital cameras. It's a prosumer
digital SLR that's built for the longer haul, so it seems. When AF came
out Nikon went from 2020 to 8008 to N90 (there were others but these
were the more successful) Each was functionally and structurally
improved. The progression slowed considerably after the N90.

I just wonder what the next big thing in photography will be. Ten-years
ago the response to someone making a serious prediction that in ten
years most people won't even be using film. Polaroid will be bankrupt.
Kodak will be struggling. Cameras will capture pictures electronically
and send them right to a computer.

It wasn't a huge reach, but still I think a person making that claim
would have been laughed off the list.

DaveR