Subject: [Leica] not PAW, but more like PAY :)
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Sun Dec 18 18:30:19 2005

After a hiatus of several years, I re-subscribed to LUG.

After moving to the current house in 2001, I had not had a
dark room which was essential to my process, and as a
result, my photographic activities and productivity have
really slowed down.

I recently acquired an inkjet printer which I finally deemed
adequate (ie not horrible) for many purposes, and started
digitalizing my printing process.  The latest addition is
the Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 scanner with a strip film
adapter that allows me to scan an entire length of film in
one batch.

I'm still fine tuning the process, calibrating the monitors
and creating custom profiles and such, but here's one to
share with you.

It is scanned from a Fujichrome Provia F transparency, but
with little processing except for converting into BW.  I am
not too certain of the lens used, but I suspect it was
Summilux 75mm, as that's the only lens that I have that can
fill a frame with a face.

http://kiisaka.homelinux.net/Katie.jpg

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] not PAW, but more like PAY :))