Subject: [Leica] Re:12mm
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sun Dec 18 13:43:06 2005

>Hi Felix,
>
>Could you please show the fall-off you experience with the 12mm, in a
>couple of shots? From whom is the degrading filter available?
>And could you display the improvement please ................... in
>other words, a before and after situation.
>
>Thanks,
>B.
>The Hague, The Netherlands.

Hi Bruce

I'll do my best thinking in my shoe boxes archiving system for prints
and nothing for films. The improvement was substantial. Mind this lens
is not a right choice for landscape but mostly is a fantastic tool for
architectural pictures as far as you use a bubble level. In
architectural purposes the falloff is less important. Better using a
tripod, the mentioned level and close the diaphragm as much as possible.

Regards.

Felix