Subject: [Leica] Ted, May I beg to differ?
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Dec 11 12:57:08 2005

"Walt Johnson" <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:

> Ted,
> Appreciate the nice comments on  recent uploads but must disagree on one
> thing. Having worked for quite a few dailies over 30 years and several
> reasonably big-time  photo agencies taught me at least one thing. There
> are no rules, except one I taught myself. Honesty. Be honest and every
> thing else falls into place. Be honest in your approach, be honest with
> your self and most importantly be honest with your subjects.

Funny thing, Walt...the following comes from the syllabus for my MIT
documentary photo class, and is also included in the syllabus for my Maine
Photo Workshops class...

"Most important, always remember that there is one thing that you owe your
subjects, be they your roommates or a group of developmentally disabled
adults -

Honesty: honesty in your vision; honesty in what you tell your subjects
about your project and its purpose; honesty in your approach to your
subject; and honesty in what you present to your viewers."

:-)

B. D.

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Ted, May I beg to differ?)