Subject: [Leica] vanishing point
From: rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure)
Date: Fri Dec 9 17:56:55 2005

Wow, a discussion on another of my favorite things -- the movie,
Vanishing Point.  I must have seen it a half dozen times when it came
out in the early 70's.  I was a car-crazy teenager and one of the few
MoPar (Chrysler Corp.) fans in my town.  I knew as much about the specs
of that Challenger R/T as Sherry knows about the workings of M3's!

As to the movie, I recently bought it on DVD from Amazon.com and it
includes an amazing commentary version by Director Richard Sarafin.
I'd forgotten about the naked hippie chick scene, so that was an added
bonus <g>.  My other favorite cult movie from that era is "The Gravy
Train" (AKA Dion Brothers) with Stacy Keach and Frederick Forrest.
Unfortunately, It hasn't been released to DVD.  (I dropped out of
college for a few weeks to work as a  set assistant during its location
shoot in Western Pennsylvania.)

Let's see, most of my favorite things are shared by members of this
group based on past discussions:  Leicas, motorcycles, bicycles,
fountain pens, Omega Speedmasters, guns, cars, movies, etc., etc.

Rob McClure

On Dec 9, 2005, at 9:26 AM, David Rodgers wrote:

> The History Channel recently aired a piece on muscle cars, with
> emphasis
> on the hemi powered Challenger, Road Runner and Barracuda.

SNIP

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] vanishing point)