Subject: [Leica] Cedar Waxwings - technical
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Dec 9 08:49:44 2005

David Young <telyt@telus.net> wrote:

> Douglas Herr wrote:
>
>>The the Cedar Waxwing, southern relative of David's Bohemian Waxwing,
>>visited last weekend to take advantage of a nearby persimmon tree:
>>
>>http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/bombycillidae/cewa02.html
>>
>>Technical stuff: Leicaflex SL, 560mm f/6.8 Telyt with 1.4x APO-Extender-R,
>>Provia 400F, a very hefty tripod.
>>
>>--
>>Doug Herr
>>
> G'Mornin' again, Doug!

> I'm curious...  with the 400/6.8 Telyt and the older, non-apo 2x
> extender, I get some serious vignetting.  With the newer, APO version,
> there is no vignetting. Other than that, the results are superb with
> either converter.
>
> Have you tried the 560/6.8 with the older extenders...

Nope, sorry.  I must say that the 560 f/6.8 and 1.4x work exceptionally well
together.  The detail on the slide and in the full scan is very impressive.
Not 280 APO but good enough that you have to be looking closely to see the
difference.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com