Subject: [Leica] One More Waxwing
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Thu Dec 1 16:20:11 2005

Adam Bridge wrote:

>So what's this bird I see bearing down on the hapless, unsuspecting,
>glutonous waxwing?
>
>Yet another fine shot for your sequence.
>
>You certainly have a sense for these birds!
>
>Adam

Thanks, once again, Adam!  However, this shot was more blind luck, than
anything.  There was a flock of e'm in our back yard, Mountain Ash,
refueling on the berries.

The bird bearing down on the suspect subject, is another waxwing, coming
in for a landing.  I was so intent on trying to catch one with the berry
in it's mouth  (they're fast!) that I didn't even see the other one
coming in, though it balances the shot, very nicely.

>>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Waxwing.htm

Even more curious is the fact that although you graciously say "You
certainly have a sense for these birds!"; until October, this year, I'd
never seen on, in my life!

Call it dumb luck... not skill. ;-)

Cheers!

--