Subject: [Leica] Bulk-rolling cine film
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Nov 27 13:45:25 2005

>There's a place online (www.filmemporium.com) that sells Kodak 5222
>Cine (Super XX) short ends for $.10/ft. That's about a quarter of the
>going rate for Tri-X (though slower, of course) 100ft' rolls, if I can
>figure out how to get it into 35mm cassettes.
>But I'm wondering about the process for getting it into a bulk loader.
>Are the reels for cinema film the same as those for bulk still film or
>is there some kind of special procedure I would need to go through?
>Thanks,
>Matt Powell

Matt
I have done that several times with Ilford Pan-F cinema 300ft rolls. Works
well. The inner reel is the same. I had to wind the 300ft on three 100ft
rolls in a darkroom of a filmlab in the neighbourhood (where I used to work
18 years ago). If you have 100ft rolls, the better. Just put it in your bulk
device and go on.
Didier