Subject: [Leica] What is it with the basoon?
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed Dec 21 08:47:17 2005

Daniel,

I've heard the bassoon referred to as the "....ill wind that nobody blows
good."  I enjoyed the uniqueness of the tonal qualities.  However, since the
music is usually written in either Bass or Tenor clef, and I was accustomed
to reading Treble, it took a lot of effort to adapt to the bassoon.  I've
also experimented with the oboe, but never ran across an English Horn that I
could get my hands on.

Thanks for the images.  She looks like a real doll.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] What is it with the basoon?)