Subject: [Leica] Tiny white spots on my negs!
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Mon Nov 21 14:13:37 2005

> IIRC the LS2000 uses a light source comparable to that of a condenser
enlarger, making every scratch and dust particle more than obvious.

I have not had it apart so I am ignorant of it's light source but I would
say that you are correct.  It makes scanning B&W film for web publishing a
bit slower because I have to touch it up.  But, otherwise, the LS2000 is
great for scanning silver halide negatives.  If you turn on the ICE feature,
some of the most bizarre abstract geometries can be seen...  almost
creative.... almost...

JB