Subject: [Leica] Passing on a passion
From: rickfloyd at comcast.net (Richard C. Floyd)
Date: Mon Nov 21 09:32:34 2005

I just wanted the group to know that even though I haven't contributed
much here, I have enjoyed reading (almost) every message over the past
5+ years.  Currently, my son is taking a B/W photography class in high
school.  Of course I let him use my M6.

The best part was his newest assignment was to tell a story in 3
photos.  He came to me and asked if he could do his assignment on me.
I was honored and thrilled when he went with me for a day as I went to
the hospital for my daily radiation treatments for prostate cancer.  I
don't much care about the quality of those photographs.  It doesn't
matter about the technical specs.  He made for me the most cherished
photos I've ever seen.

Now, it looks like we'll be setting up a darkroom.  He is that
interested and wants to use the Leica all the time.  How could I
refuse?

Best,
Rick

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Passing on a passion)