Subject: [Leica] Dryer drums
From: imagist at imagist.cnc.net (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue Nov 15 12:30:06 2005

> and irons smell much the same.  Also need  to be warmed up.

Been a long time since i gave a thought to the Pako dryer I met when I
was 14 and began working at a commercial photography studio. Our Pako
was gas fired - literally heated with burner running through the middle
- quite amazing - thinking back. Be careful when the belt adjustment got
knocked out of alignment - walk away and come back to a serious mess -
and you best make sure that the temperature is set to release on the
first revolution or you'll press the incoming prints into the dry ones.
Fun times.

regards, George