Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: gwlists at aol.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Tue Nov 15 11:12:24 2005

B. D. Colen wrote:

 > the real advantage of the Noctilux is its allowing you to shoot
 > at one shutter speed faster than you might otherwise shoot - which can be
 > the difference between getting and not getting a useable image.

And isn't that the real (and possibly the only) point of the Noctilux.
Even my f1.4 Nikkor (sorry, not shooting on a Leica anymore) is an
absolute Godsend when I need just that bit more extra light gathering
power to reach the places other lenses can't reach!

Gerry
(who has never owned a Noctilux so doesn't really know what he is
talking about!)
--
Gerry Walden
General: www.gwpics.com