Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Nov 15 09:57:02 2005

I beg your pardon.....

If the Sunny 16 rule is F16 at 1/film speed ( in this case 1/1600 of a
second)

F1 is effectively 8 stops faster thank F16.....
Going top 1/15 of a second is 7 stops more light.... a total of 15 zones
darker than daylight........

You can take a picture at F1 in basically darkens at 1/1000 of a second ( 8
stops) .  When in heaven's name would you use 1/15 of a second, an
additional 7 zones ?

A better question is how do you focus the camera in such dark light?

Or do you let your negatives get more dense as light changes?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

First, I start with the Rabiner Neopan 1600 film/developer solution. Then,
with the Noct at f/1.0, I have latitude in shutter speed choices. Sure, it's
cheating.

I'll sometimes venture to 1/15th second, hoping for a zen-like,
semi-comatose state while the shutter is open. Fat chance.

Replies: Reply from jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner) ([Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...)