Subject: [Leica] Viewfinders and the 2.5mm
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Nov 14 13:31:27 2005

Frank,
I would like to end this debate, and concede that the correction is small,
but it does exist.  Yes, I agree that if I want to be sure I get close-up
portraits, I use my SLR.  I will also admit that I have clipped the top of
some heads using the Imarect on my IIIf, particularly if I use a lens longer
than 50mm.  So, I think the solution is to use a little more care and leave
some margin for eventual cropping.  After all, most of us run the image
through PhotoShop before printing.  My own case may be compounded by the
need for glasses, which makes it difficult to get the same view in the
viewfinder that I got when I was young.
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA