Subject: [Leica] Viewfinders and the 2.5mm
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Nov 14 09:44:44 2005

Frank,
I may have overstated the problem, but I look at it like this:  By my
measurement, there is approximately 59mm between the viewfinder axis and the
lens axis on a IIIf.  Hence, on a IIIf, the VF must be deflected downward by
3.38 degrees, using the paralax adjustment, in order for the VF field of
view to correspond to the lens field of view at 1 meter.  If the VF is
raised another 2.5mm, the VF needs to be deflected downward an additional
0.14 degrees.  Although the change is small, one could chop off the top of
heads because of this when shooting at close distances.
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Viewfinders and the 2.5mm)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Viewfinders and the 2.5mm)