Subject: [Leica] comment on camera reviews in general
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Nov 10 14:21:20 2005

B. D. Colen offered common sense!:
Subject: Re: [Leica] comment on camera reviews in general

>I have to say that I don't have that impression, Didier - I've been
> impressed with how extensive the DP reviews are. Yes, Nikon has faster
> flash
> sync, but unless that's absolutely essential to you, it's pretty
> meaningless
> compared to other features and image quality. And Konica-Minolta may have
> great anti-shake feature, but their hardly a player in the pro market. As
> the more natural colors of the DMR - I'd say that in the age of photoshop,
> that's a pretty meaningless advantage, unless everyone else has such
> crappy
> color that it can't be corrected. And the glass - is in the eye of the
> shooter or beholder.<<<

Hi B.D.,
Right on! I know I spouted off about the review the other day right off with
not much thought, however when one takes time to read other posts and the
broad range of opinions it's very interesting. But what you've said brought
this to an element of common sense.

My comments erupted due to the reviewer's references to a Leica, certainly
when it appeared obvious he'd never used them in a work mode, but probably
as a weekend warrior playing photographer.

Unfortunately these days I find myself not coping very graciously with
in-experience of others pertaining to photography in general and equipment
particularly. Certainly new digital gear where the "Digital nerds" have
screwed-up the photographic language to the extent some of the old folks
haven't got a clue what the hell they're talking about!"

Most of the time we're not talking about photography, but geeky electronic
stuff!

I suppose it would be a good time for me stop right now! However, I think I
may have made a point? Or once again wasted my time and that of other
members. :-( And if that's the case may I offer an apology!

ted