Subject: [Leica] RD-1 Catfight (movie mode)
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Thu Nov 10 10:44:05 2005

> David C. Mason" wrote:
>
> My favorite bit is learning that a "movie mode" is a "handy feature".
> No wait, my favorite bit is the reviewer admitting that he/she just
> doesn't "get it".

Re movie mode, for what's it's worth, consider this: I was just in the
Boston area at the peak of cranberry harvest. Took lots of  photos with my
Olympus C-8080 (8 megapixel "rangefinder"), but one scene just could not be
captured with a still photo. High wind had blown all the cranberries to one
side of the pond. The choppy waves met the packed floating berries and
turned into something that looked like undulating red syrup on a very large
scale.

I switched the C-8080 to movie mode and panned with the wave action for
about 30 seconds of really strange cranberry video. Just before leaving
Boston, I did a digital projector show for our hosts and several guests.
They liked the Coast Guard Falcon jet flight and all the New England autumn
color. But the cranberry wave movie was the hit of the whole show!

So don't knock movie mode!

Gary Todoroff
(Tree LUGger)