Subject: [Leica] Capturing the essence of rain - a challenge for the season.
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Nov 8 18:41:16 2005

B.D. - Well that's interesting.  I don't think she was looking right
at me but maybe close enough in this case.   I decided to crop her
out because I felt the narrower crop produced a better balanced photo
and focused attention on the one figure that was reasonably sharp,
but as always, opinions do differ.

I did do a B&W version:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/RAIN/P7040003_alt_bwpro_web

Not at all sure it's an improvement.  As I said, I do like the
colorful umbrellas as contrast to the otherwise dismal grays and
browns in the shot.

Thanks all for your comments.

Dick

(snip)