Subject: [Leica] Re: Friday WTB: Small [11mm] Leica Orange filter...for...Hasselblad Lens Hood?
From: MEB at GoodPhotos.com (Michael Eric Berube)
Date: Thu Nov 3 19:54:18 2005

>Message: 4
>From: Thinkofcole@aol.com
>
>Anyone here have a small Leica orange filter that fits  over the
>rangefinder
>window to improve the contrast?
>
>thanks, bob cole

I have one on my IIIc Bob. It works well enough. You either get a clear
frame with a reddish dot in the middle to focus with or a reddish frame
with a clear dot in the middle depending which of the round RF 'windows'
you put it on. (I prefer the red dot in the middle and so I keep the
contrast filter on the 'window' closest to the rewind knob.)

I got this contrast filter a while ago and it is interesting and looks
cool on the camera and is not scratched or anything, but am not not all
that attached to it. I got it more for curiosity sake and can focus my
IIIc just as well without it. I'm more interested in getting a '?60'
lens hood for the Planar 80/2.8 T* lens on my Hasselblad. They seem to
be about the same value on that big auction site (used). Do you happen
to have a spare hood you want to trade for the filter? I've got a '?60'
lens hood for the 38-60mm lenses on the 80 now and it isn't deep enough
for my liking. (It is for sale if anyone needs one.)

As to the 'trim plate' I've been using my IIIc for quite a few years now
and have trimmed only one film leader (my first in the IIIc) in all that
time and many many rolls of film and have never had a problem. I just
make sure that I've got the modern short film leader tightly in the
spool and that the first few sprocket holes are in the take up sprocket
before I close the base and begin to wind. The sky hasn't fallen on me.
Nice to have for collecting reasons I suppose, but my IIIc is so *ugly
that it is just a user and not a camera that I have to sweat actually
shooting with. It will never be considered a collector's piece. *some
previous owner deeply scratched the 'Leica' off the top plate (to avoid
paying customs someone claimed) and drilled a hole (which I've covered
with rubberized material) in the baseplate...for after market flash
synch maybe?

Drop me a line offlist if you have cash/trade interest in the filter
Bob. Anyone with a spare '?60' 80/2.8 Hassy Planar hood that they want
to let go of please let me know as well.

--
Carpe Lumen,
Michael Eric Berube,