Subject: [Leica] Hurricane Rita Postscript
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 1 11:20:00 2005

Hurricane Rita blew into the gulf coast and  scared lots of people.  I'm not
too easily scared by storms, as I covered  several of the back in my
folly-ridden youth when I thought I was invincible,  and shot newsfilm for
TV.  But I
am older now, approaching codger-ship and  after seeing what Katrina did to
my
former home of New Orleans, I began to  worry.

The set of pictures in this little essay do not show  a big disaster, and as
you will see, I did not travel any during the storm, but  I hope you get
some
sense of what it can be like.

Remember, these  storms have not gone away for thousands of people,  and in
Louisiana, no  matter what anyone says, we're paying a price for Rita and
Katrina that no  amount of aid can fix.

http://www.sonc.com/rita_came/

Regards,
Sonny