Subject: [Leica] Re: buy wide angle lenses now (Was: Leica Hires Ad Agency)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon Oct 31 15:42:09 2005

> Buy up a bunch of $1000-2000 lenses on the prayer that a full-frame
> digital M is just around the corner and will increase their value?
>
> I suspect there are better investments available, possibly including
> the roulette wheel at Caesar's.

No of course not.  But if you were thinking of a second-hand wide-angle lens
for your M the pricing now will probably be much better than after the
digital M becomes available.  My experience over the last 35 years has been
that if you want a particular piece of Leica equipment, buy it as soon as
you think you might be able to afford it because the purchase price will
soon jump out of reach.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com