Subject: [Leica] Getting ready for halloween
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Oct 30 21:06:29 2005

We aren't big on celebrating Halloween in our house - no costumes and
such - but the tree out in front does celebrate and has since our kids
were small when they thought the tree was magic and would burst into
balloons on their birthday and Halloween and home coming.

Now we need a bit of help since I can't climb ladders very well, at
least not and walk the next day. So we made a donation to the Newman
Center for their work down in Mexico and a few of their members came
over to give us a hand.

Here's my wife hanging up the first of the balloons:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7336.jpg>

Living as we do in a recreational democracy the seasons sort of
overlap in our yard.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7343.jpg>

It's fun to get up into the tree and hang balloons.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7347.jpg>

I think he found one that likes him!

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7350.jpg>

It takes some focus to hang these balloons:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7355.jpg>

And good hands.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7359.jpg>

I tried it in black and white as an alternative:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7359-bw.jpg>

I agree with the balloon - Ohhhhhhhh

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7363.jpg>

It helps to have someone admire your work:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7422.jpg>

The crew with the tree decked out and ready to head into the evening:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/30/_L3U7432.jpg>

These are all 1Ds MkII images ranging from 800 to 3200 as the light faded.
Shot with the 70-200 f2.8L lens.

Comments most appreciated.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Getting ready for Halloween)