Subject: [Leica] New Album Pictures
From: neilsimages at pipeline.com (Neil Schneider)
Date: Sat Oct 29 18:56:11 2005

On Oct 29, 2005, at 6:40 PM, Luis Ripoll wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> I like these 3, IMO you was not so close to the people and I have the
> impression that you was Hawai of the action, as an spectator and not as
> something implicated, living the action.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album11/Rain_On_52nd_007
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album11/Rain_On_52nd_013
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album11/Rain_On_52nd_022
>
> Today I've put on risk my face to take some pictures on a street
> market of
> Muslims, I've said them "the street belongs to everybody" and they have
> barred my pass..., well when I have see the panorama, I went away....,
> but
> I've been a little impulsive, (at least I hope that pictures are good).
>
> Saludos desde Barcelona
> Luis

Hi Luis,
On these pictures I just stood pretty much in one position and just
turned izquierda a la derecha and shot,
and as you say a spectator. Street shooting I think is a spectator
sport.
I would like to see what you have from that street market shooting.
I'm always running into problems with a lot of different ethnic groups
on NYC streets constantly.
Sometimes I have to leave fast and other times I just talk to them, buy
them a coffee and keep shooting.

I just bought a Panasonic Digital Lumex with a Leica  35-430  f2.8
straight through lens to bring to Spain with me.
I'm leaving the Leica M3 home because I don't want to hassle with a lot
of film and then going through xray machines.
As it is now, I'll be in Madrid on Nov 16 and then on to Tenerife for
about a week or so.
I'll email you when I get back to Madrid & see how your schedule is
Regards
Neil

Replies: Reply from neilsimages at pipeline.com (Neil Schneider) ([Leica] New Album Pictures)