Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW week 13
From: imagist at imagist.cnc.net (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri Oct 28 14:02:42 2005

> From: Philippe Orlent <philippe.orlent@pandora.be>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAW week 13

> Any shots a bit more from the right and then cropped to a square
around
> the
> billboard + 3 girls on the ground?

Philippe - All the PA stuff was immediately to my right. I have one
other frame of the 3 young women and their expressions, and the
expressions of those behind them, just don't make it. As I walked toward
the area where they were, things were winding down and they got up to
leave a moment after the two frames were exposed.

> From: "GeeBee" <geebee@geebeephoto.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAW week 13

> The trademark of a professional, high quality image in difficult
> lighting
> and subject matter that provokes thought.

GeeBee - Thank you. This comment means a great deal to me.

> From: Philippe Orlent <philippe.orlent@pandora.be>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAW week 13

> IMG_1127.jpg, IMG_1149.jpg, IMG_1170.jpg and IMG_1175.jpg are the ones
> that
> stand out for me in this series. It sure looked like an
> event/demonstration
> to shoot rolls and rolls and rolls :-)
> I know by trying myself how hard it is to get absolutely excellent
shots
> out
> of these kind of people in the night scenes.

Philippe - Your picks are also among my favorites - I'd add 1160 and
1127. Interesting re: shooting rolls and rolls - I exposed around 70
frames with the 20D, 80 Summilux, 50 Summicron, and the 10-22mm. And
didn't feel like I was getting anything worth a damn. The lack of action
really threw me off. Folks just standing about in a somber mood and
spread out for two blocks - I just kept walking up and down the line
searching for the mood of both respect and protest which I felt.

> From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAW week 13

> Not only do you have a good eye, George - this is far and away the
best
> collection of low-light/night shots I've seen posted on the LUG.

B.D. - Thank you. Your comments mean a great deal to me.

> From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW week 13

> well done mon ami, shot as a candle light vigil should be shot.....
all
> by
> candle light and other existing light.  Very story telling series
> illustrates the feeling of the people attending.

Ted - Thank you. Your comments mean a great deal to me.

regards, George