Subject: [Leica] The Crucible
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Oct 27 11:19:10 2005

http://www.sonc.com/crucible.htm

>============
>On my main monitor that  I edited this on, the right  is darkened a bit
>more.
> I set my brightness with this scale:   http://www.sonc.com/grayscale/
>=========

Sony,
Your grayscale looks good on my (brandnew) monitors, and the right
background of pic 2 is a bit darker on my monitor, too.

I copied and opened it in photoshop. The 1-pixel borderline has an average
RGB value of 27 24 33, the background at the right an average of 13 11 17 -
this should not be black on any monitor. Monitors can be calibrated well or
not, but RGB values can't lie.

Check this:
http://www.needaphoto.co.uk/calibrating.htm
first chart: do you see a difference between "Black" and "Very dark grey"?

Cheers again
Didier

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] The Crucible)