Subject: [Leica] Infinity focus
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Oct 24 16:58:36 2005

Richard whailed: ;-)
Subject: Re: [Leica] Infinity focus

> Wahhh.... looks my MP is suffering from the illness. The patch never
> reaches infinities... If I don't fix it, can I just "work around it?" e.g.
> ignore the problem?<<<

Ok Richard stop crying and ask yerself one simple question....

"How many times do I shoot something at infinity?"

If the answer is never or rarely, then you've got it made! Forget it and if
you do just stop down an extra stop and you'll cover yer ass at infinity.

Besides it's so damn far away who cares! ;-)

Now don't you feel better?

As long as it works within the 3 to 20 foot marker point of most pictures
shot by a photojournalist you can blaze away for years!

Now go have fun with your extra expensive MP and if you'd just had an
ordinary M4, 6, 7 you wouldn't feel so bad. :-)

Now get out there, be careful & shoot close things and forget all the
blubbering about infinity. :-)

I always like to make other Leica users feel better about their tools and
toys! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Infinity focus)
Message from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Infinity focus)