Subject: [Leica] PAW 40, 41, 42 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Oct 24 02:28:12 2005

After three weeks of not sleeping in my own bed, I'm finally home.

It all started with the unavoidable, boring wait in Amsterdam for a
flight down south:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/40.html

(M2 50/2.0 Summicron)

I arrived in Harare with about 30 portraits of staff at The Feathers
that I had taken in June. They were thrilled --- the 30 who got
portraits --- but they are more than 30 who work there. A moved
manager asked if I could possibly take more so that everyone would get
one. The full-length was important and by request (every single time).
Here's one:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/41.html

(M2 50/2.0 Summicron, Fujicolor Xtra 400)

We had a 10 o'clock meeting in Masvingo (a couple of hundred
kilometers south of Harare). We drove down after work the day before.
At 6 am we had time to climb up to the Great Zimbabwe. Here is the
Great Enclosure:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/41alt1.html

(As above, but with a 21/4.0 Color-Skopar)

I've become used to the junkies who camp out close to where I stay
when I'm in Oslo. They were one of the first impressions I had as I
headed for my quarters. The next morning I walked by again and found
this:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/42.html

(As above, but with a 35/2.0 Summicron)

Faithful to my habits, when I really, really got home, I headed for the sea:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/42alt1.html

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/42alt2.html

Both with a Rolleiflex T and Neopan 400.

Now if I can just convince my stomach that we're home, we're really home now.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] PAW 40, 41, 42 dlridings)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] PAW 40, 41, 42 dlridings)