Subject: [Leica] Difficult Story To Shoot
From: neilsimages at pipeline.com (Neil Schneider)
Date: Sat Oct 22 21:53:35 2005

On Oct 23, 2005, at 12:28 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> I agree that this is the strongest of the images posted by Neil.
>
> As far as the low number of visitors, I am not that surprised. After
> all, the Vietnam war ended 30 years ago, and while 50,000 dead
> soldiers is 50,000 too many, the number needs to be kept in
> perspective. The US had a population of around 250 million in 1975,
> and during the decade the war lasted, I am pretty sure that a greater
> number were killed in traffic accidents or murdered. Given all this, I
> would expect the movable wall to be of interest mainly to people who
> were themselves affected by the war.
>
> I am equally not surprised that Sonny saw more visitors--I would
> expect that there are more Vietnam veterans in the South, and the
> whole veteran/patriotism thing is much more a part of life there than
> in other parts of the country.
>
> Nathan
>
> GeeBee wrote:

Thanks for looking Nathan and understanding exactly what was going on
behind the scenes in attendance.
The moving wall has always drawn more visitors throughout the South &
Mid-west than other more liberal areas of the country.

Neil

"Predicting the future is mostly a matter of managing not to blink as
you witness the present" -- William Gibson

Message from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] Difficult Story To Shoot)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Difficult Story To Shoot)