Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 460
From: heintz at ucalgary.ca (John W. Heintz)
Date: Sat Oct 22 20:19:36 2005

Two thoughts, Matt,

One is that if you are in Florence, the area behind S. Croce has some
interesting shops - got my fire tongs for the cabin there. And right
there by S. Croce is the most perfectly beautiful building in
Florence, Brunelleschi's Spazzi Chapel. Not to be missed.

The other, in Rome, is Leone Limentani, an incredible rabbit-warren
of ground-level and below-grade rooms offering everything imaginable
for the home, kitchen and dining in particular, at truly bargain
prices. (Knowledgeable upscale Romans get their china, cutlery and
wedding presents there.) The address is via del Portico d'Ottavia,
47, right by the ancient gate of Augustus Octavius (I think I have
that right). The experience alone is worth the visit.

john h