Subject: [Leica] Re:New 12.8 megapixel 5D.
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Oct 19 14:40:39 2005

 >The images from the 5D that I shot show a very high image quality, and
you can shoot as wide as 12mm, and you can get the shallow depth of
field that an 85/1.2, with attendant field of view will produce,
 >all from a body that is quite compact and handles well. On top of that
the low light capability and quality is unmatched at this time. It's not
the best choice for Leica-R wideangles, but it does things that you
 >can't do with the DMR, or the 20D, or with a 22mp MF back, or a 141mp
non-Bayer Betterlight scanning back, and for a price that can't get you
a 1Ds. It has its place, and I feel is an incredibly good
 >value at this point. I'm delighted that Leica has produced a digital
solution that produces, within certain parameters, images of a quality
that can compete with the best other 35mm based solutions, but it is a
 >compromise as are all cameras. I hope that it succeeds, because Leica
depends on it and I want to see the Digital-M produced, and I want Leica
to stay in business to make more high quality products.

It cannot be said better!

Regards

Felix