Subject: [Leica] PAW 41 - catching up
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Oct 17 09:24:21 2005

Richard S. Taylor wrote:

> Peter - That's an interesting boat you found in an interesting
> location.  I think it would have helped me more to understand what I was
> looking at if I could have seen more of the plinth and could see where
> the cut was made to shorten the boat.  This is a case where I think
> cropping more loosely would have made sense, at least to me.
>
> One does wonder why it was cut in half.  There is a famous advertising
> photo of a skiff called the Boston Whaler that was cut in half to show
> both halves would float alone even if the boat broke up. Maybe they had
> something like that in mind here.  Or, maybe they just didn't have room
> for the whole boat on the plinth and took the easy way out!  :-)  It
> looks like the back half of a motor lifeboat, B.T.W.  I wonder where the
> front half is.

Richard,

The image just amused me, so I took it :-)

You can see all that there was to see. The boat is cut about half way along
its
length. The cut is at the limit of what you can see of the boat on the right
-
there was no more...

It was on a plinth which was a flat square slightly raised from the
surroundings.

Really what you see is what there was to see...I actually moved in quite
close
to it in order to get rid of the spare walls, pipes etc around it.

Absolutely no idea about the front half, sorry! I think that there simply
wasn't
the room and so...

Thanks for looking and for the comments.

Peter

Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] PAW 41 - catching up)