Subject: [Leica] avoiding hood vignetting
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Oct 15 20:29:22 2005

Mark,
I have been using a hood originally designed for a Minolta 135mm on my 50
Summilux R for quite a while. Much, much better than the nasty slip and
slide built in hood that came with the lens. I will be looking for something
similar in 46mm for the Summilux ASPH. The locking hood is nice as it does
not slip and slide, but add a filter and there is not much hood in front of
the filter. If all else fails then I will see what is out there new. Hit
enough junk drawers and you would be amazed at what treasures lie hidden
from sight. Now if I just had a map...
 Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] avoiding hood vignetting)