Subject: [Leica] Ted Grant in London
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat Oct 15 16:01:22 2005

As a few of you know I met up with Ted a few days ago in London as he was
passing through on his way to Wales.

As I've got the release form agreed I can now post ;-) These are a few shots
taken with and of him on the day.

Probably an inappropriate shot to start with:

Ted shoots Canon - with Canon glass!!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/CanonAd200510

Fred Schwab was Ted's host and kind enough to allow me to join their stroll
around the embankment and St. Paul's:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/FredandTed200510

We moved on to the Millenium Bridge between Tate Modern at Bankside and St.
Paul's.

OK. Ted's in focus, the shutter will traverse the frame in 1/200th sec and
still
I can't freeze his hand as it brings up the Canon. Ted is fast! The camera
in
focus ** and ** by his side is the Digilux 2...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/He_sfast200510

Some may remember that I photographed it some 1.25 degrees from horizontal
(see
PAW 20/20A).

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/TedonMilleniumBridge200510

Ted had to hold the camera at an odd angle too! When I got the film back I
had
to rotate this image by 1.25 degrees AGAIN - could it be me, or the bridge?

The other side of the bridge...we all shot these steps in different ways:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/StPaul_sSteps

NEXT: Exercise in street photography:

Ted's instruction was " see how close you can get to those two while
pretending
to take St.Paul's and get them, before they notice". After I got two thirds
of
the way the guy at the left got up and turned his back...as the other guy
just
ate his sandwich.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/Howclosecanyouge1200510_1

Did I loose? Well no, because I got this :-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/Howclosecanyouge1200510_1

and yes, that is a surreptitious self-portrait!

Next we came across this young photographer setting up his shot:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/ChildPhotographer200510

this is his subject (...with him at the left)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album278/Photographees200510

That's all for the moment folks!

Hope you got some pleasure from them.

thanks again to both Ted and Fred,

Peter Dzwig

** To UK LUGers **: Ted says that he would like to come back to London and
meet
up with the rest of us sometime soon!

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Ted Grant in London)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Ted Grant in London)