Subject: [Leica] Immodest posting about modest success...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Oct 13 18:15:22 2005

On 10/13/05 4:19 PM, "Aaron Sandler" <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> typed:

> Hi Folks,
>
> As some of you may remember, I had a little show of my photos in a local
> coffee shop over the summer...well, it came down about a month ago but it
> wasn't until just this afternoon I finished up with the fallout of the
> show, and I'm quite happy...
>
> The grand total:
> 8 framed prints sold!  :)  All were 8x10s framed to 14x18.  All were Leica
> negs (of course) either M6ttl or M2, all with my 35cron (last pre-asph)
> that I scanned on my Microtek ArtixScan4000 and printed on my Epson
> 2200.  I had a few nibbles but nothing serious on my 12x18s framed to
> 20x24.
>
> Anyway, I'm very pleased, and wanted to share.
>
> Hope you all have a great weekend,
> Aaron

Congrats but I hope you were not giving them away price wise.

A coffee shop maybe you don't expect gallery pricing.
But hopefully it's better than your average internet pricing we're seeing.
The influx...

People selling their images on the internet for twenty bucks which really is
at a loss would be selling them for at least 200 if they took a photo course
and got clued into the gallery goings ons. It just makes it a bit harder for
for when people go into a proper photo gallery and they go "screw it I'll
just get some nice pictures on the internet". But I love coffee shop shows
and have had a bunch myself. Keeps you sharp.
And people get to spend some more time with the images then if they go
blitzing a white walled gallery which typically doesn't have a place to even
sit down for a minute.
Or a water fountain.
Or brie and champagne. Unless you get one of there postcards and come the
right night. And stand the right place.
You can usually find me right by the shrimp. Wearing a red carnation.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/