Subject: [Leica] Black and White
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Oct 12 14:14:14 2005

At 03:42 AM 10/12/2005, Peter wrote:
>In this pair, I mostly see the eyes and the hat in the B&W.  I see
>those in the color one as well, but the coiled braided thing in her
>hand keeps grabbing my attention.  Also, the shadow noise on her
>chin bothers me more in color than B&W.  I think I'd probably use
>the B&W picture.  Yet, I really like the colors, distractions and all.
>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/50607338
>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/50601003
Peter -

I don't know if you saw the version of that photo that I ran through
Noise Ninja.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/50039678

It did remove most of the noise caused by the 3200 exposure.  The
braided thing in her hand is a hacky-sack that the women crochet and
sell to tourists in the markets in Panajachel.  The thing on her head
is a plastic basket full of hacky-sacks wrapped in a kitchen
towel.  My son hoped to make a living by kicking hacky-sacks around
with a hat out for money.  That didn't last too long even though he
could kick them impressively.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com